These people do spend way too much time as professional politicians. We need to return the having citizen legislators. People who go to DC to serve the people, not to feed at the public trough for decades. Spending years in DC they get totally out of touch with the realities of life in America. That is part of the reason they do so many stupid things and enact such dopey laws.
We don't really need term limits on Congress. Aside from being almost impossible to get enacted, they aren't necessary if we do a few simple things:
1) Eliminate, immediately and retroactively any and all retirement plans for Federally elected officials. Instead, the only retirement plan they get is Social Security.
2) Eliminate immediately any employer provided health plans for Federally elected officials. Instead, they have to buy health plans on the open market, and use their own paychecks to buy it. No more Rolls Royce Health Plans for these guys. Make them live with ObamaCare too.
Top Amazon Results Related to this Post:
- Beating Obamacare 2014: Avoid the Landmines and Protect Your Health, Income, and Freedom
- Term Limits and the Dismantling of State Legislative Professionalism
- Get What's Yours: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security
Tom Sheppard is a business consultant and coach to small business owners and individuals. He is a recognized author with dozens of titles in business and fiction to his credit. One of his endeavors is to help those who want to see their own book in print. He does this through his trademarked Book Whispering Process (TM). The author is not an official spokesperson for any organization or person mentioned herein.
(c) Copyright 2015 A+ Results LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Your comments are welcome... Please observe some ground rules. No profanity, vulgarity, or personal attacks. Profanity, vulgarity and personal attacks not only betray a lack of vocabulary and imagination, they also are the hallmarks of bigotry, and bigotry is the hallmark of someone who is fundamentally insecure in their views. Facts are always welcome.
More Information on Tom Sheppard